Number 88 in our series of jazz mixtapes is upon us and it’s supplied by Belgian DJ, radio host and record collector Dubbel Dee whose popular Mo’ Jazz mixes on Mixcloud should be a staple of any jazz lover’s daily diet. Here he cooks up a heady stew of self-proclaimed ‘horny jazz’ which should more than set you up for the day ahead. First up we have one of the tightest grooves ever to grace the Blue Note catalogue with Donald Byrd’s ‘The Dude’, before a little Tribe pressure is expertly segued into proceedings with Marcus Belgrave’s funky ‘Marcia’s Opal’. Elsewhere you’ll find killer contributions from the likes of classic era statesmen John Coltrane, Clifford Brown, Wayne Shorter, Miles Davis, Roland Kirk and Chet Baker, as well as one of the more lovelier spaced out tracks of the 70s courtesy of Eddie Henderson (Inside You) and some cool fusion from the Nat Adderley Septet (Home). Thank for listening and enjoy your weekends!
1. Donald Byrd – The Dude
2. Marcus Belgrave – Marcia’s Opal
3. John Coltrane – Exotica
4. Clifford Brown – Easy Living
5. Wayne Shorter – Adam’s Apple
6. Miles Davis – Little Melonae
7. John Klemmer – Rose Petals
8. Eddie Henderson – Inside You
9. Roland Kirk – Lovellevelliloqui
10. Chet Baker – Time On My Hands
11. Nat Adderley Septet – Home
For a full breakdown of each track’s album, musician line-up and cover art, please visit the Mo’Jazz blog.